We offer various programs for children ages 2-17 and even train rides. We will work closely with you to ensure the space is set up to your needs.
The Lower Gallery is a 1,700-square-foot room which features temporary exhibits. Mobile cases can be moved by museum staff to accommodate your preferred set up. This gallery is accessible by staircase.
MacBride Copperbelt Mining Museum
MacBride’s Copperbelt location features a 5-acre space including our interactive mining and rail gallery, access to our 1,200 square-foot picnic pavilion and our beloved train Loki on our 2.5 km track. This space is only available when the museum is closed.
Are you open for rentals during construction?
The outdoor areas of the museum will be closed during construction however the museum will remain operational. Specific areas of the museum may be closed at various times during the construction of our new expansion so please check with a staff member to determine which areas are available for rental when you are looking to book.
What is included in the rental?
MacBride Museum makes planning easy for you. Tables, chairs, projector and screen, microphone and speaker, podium, and coat racks are included in the rental, but must be requested in advance. Please note all of the items that you require when you fill in the MacBride Museum Booking Form.
One staff member will be on site during your rental.
How much does it cost?
The cost depends on the room and the type of event. Please see the MacBride Museum Booking Form or call 867-667-2709, ext.4, for current pricing. MacBride Museum is run by a non-profit society. All proceeds from facility rentals go toward funding museum programs and operations.
Can renters bring in their own food?
Yes, if renters decide to serve food at their private event they can choose to bring in their own food or hire a caterer. If the event is a public event, a permit is required from Environmental Health. MacBride Museum works with may local caterers and can provide a list, if requested.
Does MacBride do weddings?
Yes, MacBride Museum has been the site of many beautiful ceremonies and receptions. If you would like more information on hosting your special day at MacBride Museum please see the MacBride Museum Wedding Booking Form.
Use of Facility
- The Renter will only use the Facility for the purpose provided for herein.
- The Renter shall comply with directions concerning use of the Facility given by or on behalf of the MacBride Museum of Yukon History.
- MacBride Museum may refuse to allow any person entry to the Facility or require any person to leave the Facility at its sole discretion.
- The Renter shall leave the Facility in a clean and tidy condition.
- The Renter shall not cause damage or disrepair to the Facility or its contents.
- The Renter acknowledges the Facility and its surrounding outdoor areas are non-smoking environments.
- MacBride Museum reserves the right to utilize space during the daytime for events when client program does not commence until evening. PLEASE NOTE: It is the responsibility of the Renter to inform MacBride Museum of any set up or tear down time required at the time of booking and to ensure contracted time and fees paid include this time.
Advertising your Event
- MacBride Museum must approve all advertising prior to its release.
Selling Tickets or Products at Your Event
- The Renter requires advance permission to sell tickets or products on site. The Renter must provide technical needs 21 days prior to the event. For example, if the Renter wishes to use a Point of Sale machine with wireless, it must be tested at least 7 days prior to the event.
- If the renter has engaged a caterer to provide food or bar service on the MacBride Museum premises then that caterer must provide a copy of its insurance no later than one month prior to date of event.
- If the Renter opts to provide their own liquor service, they must purchase event insurance and provide a copy no later than one month prior to date of event.
Limitations of Liability
- MacBride Museum and its employees shall not be liable for damage or injury to any property of the Renter or others which is entrusted to the care or control of MacBride Museum.
- The Renter acknowledges that from time to time construction or repairs may be undertaken by MacBride Museum on the premises or by third parties beyond the control of MacBride Museum in the vicinity of the premises.
- The Licensee acknowledges that if an event is booked within the hours MacBride Museum is open to the public then there may be extraneous noise or disturbances beyond the control of MacBride Museum staff members.